Well, Vehicles are an essential part of our life and most importantly, keys are vital for any vehicle. Modern vehicles use a type of key called transponder keys. These are extremely useful for our usage. Moreover, the importance of these keys is not understood until real keys go missing. The only option to save our day is the transponder key.
Transponder keys are very useful. However, the set-up price of these keys is really high. Moreover, the low price of keys is practically useless due to the high set-up price. The price of the keys specifically depends on the region you reside in and the person you hire for the setup. Moreover, approximately, the overall cost is around $250-$300.
However, you may decide to save that high price tag. You have to grab a new pair of keys for around $20. Furthermore, keep on reading to know more about How to Program a Ford Transponder Key with Only One Key.
Check this out: Mustang convertible top replacement.
Set-Up Guide On How To Program A Ford Transponder Key With Only One Key
Luckily you have the ford transponder key and you do not know how to make it work. As a result, you feel lost and end up doing nothing. Moreover, you do not need to worry today as we will teach on how to solve the problem of your headache.
Guides do not often solve the real problem of fixing the issue with one key. Today, we will learn alongside how to program the ford transponder key even without using the original key. The below guide will show you how to do it.
Setting Up Transponder Key Without Master Key
Programming a new original key will disable any old master key. You should take note of this. Furthermore, you cannot do anything to go back to the old key anymore.
Below are the steps on how to program a ford transponder key without using the main original key.
- Make sure to cut the new original key accordingly. This will ensure that the new key matches the original old key.
- Furthermore, Insert the new key into the ignition chamber of your car. Furthermore, turn on your car.
- A warning light will glow in the dashboard. Ignore the light and keep the car ignited for around 15 minutes. The warning light will be gone automatically.
- Furthermore, Do not switch off the car after the light turns off from the dashboard. Wait for around 3 minutes and turn the car off.
- Moreover, turn the car back on again. Repeat this same process again and again at least 3 times. This will eventually set up the new key.
- Congratulations! Your latest key must be working now properly.
These were the steps on how to set up a transponder key without the master key.
Important Things That Are Necessary
Now You should know to program a new transponder key without the master key. Although what if it is the other way around? Having the main key but you want to program the transponder key too.
- There are a few instruments you need before starting up the process. We have listed below the necessities. Take a note and buy them. If you purchased them, then keep on reading to proceed to the steps.
- The main original key. The main original key is essential for the process. You possess the main key, so do not need to worry about any other key. It will be fine with this key only.
- You need a laptop that works. You need to download certain files and install them to the transponder key. Therefore, a computer is a must-have accessory for this process. Moreover, the computer should be a windows based machine. This is to support any files without hassle.
- A functional USB drive with adequate space. The device should be OBD2. This will link the car directly inside your PC hence is essential. Furthermore, this will allow a seamless setup experience.
The tools listed above are must-haves. First of all, be assured that you have all of them before proceeding any further. The below tutorials are based on the tools listed above.
01. Resize The Keys
You need to make sure the new keys match the master key. You need to cut the keys precisely like the master key. Otherwise, the keys will not be functional and it will be a waste of time.
Trace a locksmith and cut the keys. They can precisely cut the keys and make them work. Moreover, locksmiths’ work is cutting and matching keys. Hence, it is best to take the keys to them.
The car will not ignite if you try to insert the keys into the cylinder after cutting. Do not worry about failure. We still need a ton of steps to cover before the key is functional.
02. Grab Your Computer And Install The Software
Install the software of the keys from your computer. Moreover, We will not be capable of proceeding without downloading the software.
FORScan software is the most recommended for this work. The installation process is very easy and straightforward. The method is very effective and is proven successful most of the time. Your new transponder key should be programmed through this software.
03. Software OBD
Now you are done downloading the FORScan computer software. So you will need to install another software which is for the adapter. This is the software you will be downloading. Therefore, do not worry or be frustrated.
Below is the guide.
- All OBD is distinct. Your OBD may need other steps for connection.
- All OBD comes with a CD which you play on your portable computer to set up the driver.
- Your OBD might not have the CD. You need to visit the manufacture’s website to download the OBD software for that.
- Open the software after you have downloaded it. Install the software and run it on your computer.
- The downloading guide inside the software will guide you. Move to the following round after you have completed the steps and guides.
04. Connect The Device
Link the OBD driver to your vehicle. This will enable you to configure your key through your portable computer.
Below are the steps about what you should do next
- Locate the OBD plug connection port and connect it to the car.
- Link the USB to the computer and start the configuration process. This is how your car gets connected to your computer.
- Doing the above steps means your work is almost finished.
05. Program Your Keys
Set up your keys after finishing connecting your driver. Configure your keys through the use of FORScan software. The setup process of the key will include very few steps.
Below steps are the steps on how to program a transponder key ford:
- Never try to run the car after you have connected the driver from your card to the computer. Moreover, open your laptop and open the software FORScan.
- Tap on the indicated plug icon. This will switch you to the mode which is real. Furthermore, locate the option to connect to the car if the plug icon is missing.
- Some windows should appear and several options will display. Now you should set up each and every option according to your convenience. Click on the yes button afterward.
- The software will scan the vehicle and it will take some moments. Do not panic if the process takes a while.
- Go to the icon which shows a wrench after everything is successfully done.
- Tap the PATS programming icon. Tap the button PLAY to run.
- A new window will appear and select the ok button.
- Select the ignite key programming button.
- The process might take several moments to be done.
- A pop-up window will come to insert the main key into your car’s ignition chamber. Do as instructed.
- A notification will come that your key has successfully been programmed.
06. Setting Up The New Transponder Key
We use the FORScan software to register the main key. Although we have not programmed the new key.
Follow the below instructions to set up the new key.
- Open the FORScan app
- Select the wrench option and tap the button.
- Open the PATS program folder again and tap the button PLAY.
- The process is as same as you have done on programming up the transponder key before. Take account of any warnings as indicated during the process.
- A new warning will indicate inputting the latest key into the ignition. Do as stated in the program.
- Finally, disconnect everything, and your new keys now must be functioning as intended.
Recommendation For Ford Transponder Key
There are tons of steps to step up the new transponder key. You should know by now if you read everything. Furthermore, Your process of setting up is easier with the original key. And all cars do not allow to program a new key without the original key. Therefore, the main original key is very important.
You should visit a ford dealer to get a fresh original main key. Losing the master key will have several drawbacks and hassle. Therefore, you should find a new original main key. Moreover, if you possess the master key, then you can do the setup process of the new transponder key anytime. Moreover, the process of it is written in the above paragraphs.
There are some most asked queries. Below are some of them.
Most Often Asked Queries
Tons of frequently asked questions are there. Some of them are listed to ease your path.
1. Is it possible to program the ford key by yourself?
Obviously, you can do so and you do not need to expense tons of money to do that. The guide is written in this article. Take a note of it.
2. Is it costly to set up a ford key?
Yes, it is sometimes. Some places charges around $300 which is costlier than your key itself. Why spend tons of money when you can do it on your own. Our guide helps you to solve the problem.
3. Is it possible to set up a key with one key only?
You might have heard that it is impossible to do so. But our article shows it is possible if you own the main original key in your hand.
Now you know how to program a transponder key only using one key. The process is not so difficult as it feels to be. You should do the process by yourself if you can. This will save you tons of bucks. Moreover, the trade-offs are worth it.
Furthermore, you will learn a new process for setting up the transponder key by yourself. So the process is enjoyable and fun at the same time. Moreover, the work does not cost a long time for your life to be done.
Finally, you should proudly say you know How to Program a Ford Transponder Key with Only One Key. Furthermore, Next time if anyone asks you, you can reply to them in a useful way.